A New Summer Intern At Stirling Warrington
Something important I was told was to do an internship and gain experience during my undergraduate degree – by my family, by my friends and especially by my university.
And so, that’s exactly what I did!
Over the summer, I’ve been interning at Stirling Warrington.
Honestly, I wasn’t sure how I would fit in here, knowing absolutely nothing about engineering. But that was ok! I learnt about it. That’s what everyone does at a new job.
What I Did Over The 6 Weeks
Over the 6 weeks, Hannah and Chloe made sure I had enough work to do to help me learn about the industry, recruitment and marketing.
Some of my responsibilities included:
- Creating content for social media
- Analysing data for Salary Reports
- Designing graphics
- Blog writing – you can read my blog on ‘The Impacts of AI on Jobs’ here!
These were just some of the things I did here. Let’s just say, I was definitely kept on my toes!
What I Learnt Over The 6 Weeks
I personally think I learnt a lot over the 6 weeks.
Before my internship, I had no idea what the difference between Mechanical, Electrical or Multi-Skilled Engineering was, but now I do. Well, to be honest, I didn’t even know they existed separately.
Hannah and Chloe have taught me so much about both recruitment and marketing.
Things they taught me include:
- How to research topics effectively
- How to write a social media post
- Social media and blog planning
- Data Analytics
These are just some of the things they taught me.
This blog would be too long if I listed everything!
Internships are very important if you’re looking for experience in a future potential industry.
I’ve been able to learn so much by completing my internship at Stirling Warrington, thanks to Hannah and Chloe.
I always hear the debates between my friends and others on whether they should do an internship or not.
I personally think it’s a great experience.
And so, below I’ve given some benefits of doing an internship:
- Can make you stand out against other candidates in future job applications
- Can gain new skills and/or develop current ones
- You can expand your professional network
- Opportunity to gain practical experience
- Help you choose if this career is for you
- Improve your CV
- And a big one can be……… Money!
There are many benefits of doing internships. It can be beneficial if you want to go into a specific career or even if you just want to develop your skills.
But the final decision is up to you!